Erase Poverty—a microloan movement by small businesses that care—celebrates its official launch this week. "Together, we can erase poverty through the power of small business," says founder, Joanna Wasmuth. Sign the pledge to Erase Poverty to be entered to win prizes including a grand prize of an annual Erase Poverty Program membership (worth over $1,000). Spread the word—contest ends 10/23/11.
- Sign the pledge to be included in the draw by clicking here.
- Connect with us on social media:
- Change your profile picture on Facebook and Twitter to the Erase Poverty logo
- Right-click this image and select "Save image as..."
- Go to your Facebook Profile and hover over your profile image
- Click "Change Picture" and browse for this image you saved
- Click "Edit Thumbnail" and click "Scale to Fit" and Save
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete
- Update your Wall and let people know something like: "I changed my profile pic to help erase extreme poverty in my lifetime! Join me at http://www.erasepoverty.org/launch
- Join us at our Launch Party on Thursday, October 20 from 6-9 pm at the United Nations Hall in Balboa Park. Find out more.
Together, we can erase poverty through the power of small business!
By mobilizing small businesses and their customers to fund microloans through everyday purchases, we will sustainably erase extreme poverty faster through the power of small business.
"Microfinance is one of the key mechanisms to meet the goal of halving extreme poverty and hunger by 2015."
Mark Malloch Brown, United Nations